Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. I've read a lot about suspension lift for my '98 Rodeo and I'm STILL undecided.
Please, help me decide.

Basically, which one of the following it's the BEST for your money.

Calami
3" Lift $869.90 + shipping no hubs
http://www.pureisuzu.com/98-2001_3_lift.htm

Independent4x
3" Lift - 3 options
Complete $609.99 + Shipping
http://www.independent4x.com/item.jhtml ... ID=1116604
Better $509.99 + Shipping No Hubs
Basic $349.99 + shipping No Hubs

Darlington
3" Lift $499.95 + shipping No Hubs
http://www.darlington-offroad.com/item. ... RID=666908

Dandeperformance - no more in business

Most of you know about all of the options. I've really new at this and I'm trying to do thing myself but if you think something can not be done in a small garage with little tools and no extra set of hands, let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
I did the complete kit from Indy4x for the 98 Passport on mine. I liked the hubs being included with the kit and I wanted the Rancho 9000X shocks anyway, so it was a no brainer.

You can install this kit yourself, the Calmini kit you couldn't. You would have to pay a shop to do some of the work, especially the upper control arms.

Joe

·
Registered
75 Posts
I went with the Indy 4X complete lift. The manual hubs save wear and tear on CV's and boots, and I gained a mile or gallon or so. The Rancho 9000X are worth the cost, and are actually the most expensive part of this kit. I'm sure Joe's kit is great also, but I am 100% satisfied with the Indy lift. If you go with the Indy4X, I'll help walk you through the installation. I did it with pretty simple tools and it took about 5 hours.

Pete

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
The instal on the Indy and the DOR kit will be nearly identical. I've got the Calmini kit that was on my truck. But if I had to do it again, I'd go DOR. I prefer the DOR spring upgrades to the add-a-leaves. You can't go wrong with either the DOR or the Indy kit. The Calmini is great, but you could do a lot with that extra cash. And like Joe said, the Calmini is a tougher instal.

HIH
Andre

·
Registered
823 Posts
I honestly pieced mine together, as I dont need or want the adjustable vavlving...

The hubs...a must..period..

coils will be OMEs, with some 2 inch spacers... adn then the extended rear shocks...

But yeah, its really simple, I have lifted both of mine..my trooper...adn a few otehrs this way... I think I got this downt o an art.... :lol:

Anyway.. stay away from teh calmini kit.....

Chase

·
Registered
132 Posts
I trust Matt 100%. WE did a lift on a 98 rodeo with some of his components and I would always use him for parts. He really knows his stuff.

No offense to Joe or Calmini, I am just speaking from my personal experience of which I have none with Joe or Calmini.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.