Isuzu SUV Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
95 Pickup, 98 Amigo
282 Posts
I finally got a day to work on the amigo. Upper balljoints were toast and squeaky so we replaced those and flipped them to go along with a bit more of a front end lift. Bumper took a pretty good hit so I resprayed it... I think it makes the dents more noticable now haha but overall better. While working on the car I noticed the rotors are way past the end of their life and into the bare metal. Saving the lower balljoints until I get new brakes so I can do it all at once.
Screenshot_20210612-160023_Gallery.jpg

20210612_160054.jpg

Screenshot_20210612-160121_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Pickup, 98 Amigo
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Haven't updated in a little bit. New rotors and pads are on, still haven't gotten around to doing the lower balljoints.

Took her on a little 4x4 camping trip last month and my dumb *** forgot my tent. I had to sleep in the back of the Amigo, which as a 6'2 adult I really don't recommend.

At one point we realized there was a bit of a jump at the private camp site, and well I sent her a little too deep and now need new front shock bushings.

·
Registered
95 Pickup, 98 Amigo
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The amigo is definitely better right now. It's got like twice the power, the ride is a lot smoother, the LSD helps a bunch, has a proper handbrake for hillstarts, and I don't have to worry about departure angle. Having a winch is nice too, I've never had to rescue myself but I've pulled some people out

I trust the truck more for reliability, the steering and shifting feel less mushy, and it's super practical. Just not as capable, but I plan on changing that hopefully soon

21 - 24 of 24 Posts