Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone obviously did some wiring work on this truck lots of black tape etc. My Temp gauge quit showing a reading (does not move even when truck is hot) My question is about the wires that go to the Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor one is green and one is blue/red. With these two wires is a yellow/black wire that is not plugged into anything and it has a "speaker type" connector on the end of it. Does anyone know where this wire is supost to connect? I know it has something to do with the gauge.

Also the book suggest "disconnecting the wire from sensor and ground it to the engine, turn on ignition if guage shows hot replace sensor if it does not move replace gauge or look for open circut".

Which wire do I ground? Green or blue/red?

thanks for any help you can offer!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
there is another sensor just behind and above the ECTS that has a round copper connector coming straight back toward firelwass and this is where the yellow/black wire goes YAY!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Scrompy,

Ok, do you have a test lamp with leads on it? This simple tool can give you lots of information. with it, you can test for continuity and/or which wires have voltage on them. A DVM would be even better, an inexpensive HF or Radioshack item would suffice for most needs. I don't have your electrical info for your truck, but someone on this forum does...

As to "outbox" messages, if the person you are sending the PM to does not log in, and select them, the PM will remain in your "outbox".

Hope this helps some,

GB :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts