Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just installed a used transmission with 70 k miles on it. I've searched everywhere and haven't been able to find a similar problem. It shifts fine into 1-3 but engine just revs into 4th gear. Fluid level is correct. I am getting codes. po753 (Shift solenoid A electrical) po758. I have the solenoids and plan on replacing them but I can't find a connection where the solenoids would cause 4th gear not to engage. Also, I don't know if these could be related to this issue but they are codes that I did not have before. P1112 (IAT sensor) and p1114 (ECT Sensor) Intermittant or low voltage on both. I plan on replacing the solenoids but wanted to see if anyone had any ideas first. Thanks in advance!
Cory

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
P0753 is a shift A solenoid (1-2/3-4) electrical problem and P0758 is a shift B solenoid (2-3) electrical problem. Second gear requires both solenoids to be energized and fourth gear requires both solenoids to be de-energized. The failure codes are not consistent with a fourth gear problem. Are you positive it is automatically shifting from first to second to third as you accelerate from a dead stop. What happens if you select Winter mode in D range? The expected result is the transmission will start on in third gear and shift into fourth at about 21mph.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Buster, thanks for the reply. I agree with you that the fault codes didn't make sense.. I also couldn't find the link between solenoid and 4th gear issues.... 1st 2nd and 3rd functioning fine, worked fine in winter mode.( which was the problem with my previous trans- No 3rd) ..... but i'll be darned if it didn't fix the problem. Replaced both solenoids and she drives like new. Whatever it is, I'm just glad I didn't waste two weekends installing a bad tranny.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.