Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 1997 rodeo has no guts. I am new to rodeo's is the model just real heartless and takes its time or is this an issue of concern.(which im sure it is). Speculation is that before I purchased the vehicle something was done with the torque converter or something was supposed to be done with the torque converter, nothing was layed out very clear about that and now it is to late to find out. Pleas elet me know what could the issue be. No leaks. Check codes? If more info needed let me know i will post.

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
For one...it really depends on how the original or previous owner took care of the truck. If it's been neglected, then yes, it may not have the ability to get up and go, keep in mind, it's a 14-15yr old engine behind a heavy truck.

The 3.2L engine in that truck is a very STOUT engine; I have the same truck, same year at 200k miles....I have no problems getting mine up and going.

However...keep in mind, I'm the original owner...you can eat off my engine, it's been meticulously maintained....which is rare, not the norm. Most people are not as thorough as I've been through the years.

If the transmission isn't giving you obvious issues, i.e. slipping, etc then I doubt the torque convertor is your problem.

Start with new fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs, clean the idle air control sensor, clean the throttle body butterfly, change the pcv valve....these are all HUGE items on this engine. And they do make a big difference if they're gunked up.

If this engine can't breath, you'll get exactly what you're experiencing.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Check to see if your spark plug tubes are filled with oil. Lack of proper maintenance allows oil to seep past the spark plug tube seals and the spark plug tubes fill with oil causing all kinds of issues with performance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.