Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 97 Passport 3.2L auto, fixxer upper. Found a vacuum port off the passenger side of the intake manifold with no loose hose in sight. Any help is appreciated. It idles a couple 100 RPMs high, fluctuates, thens drops to 600 RPMs and then back up. ????????????

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ifya get a chance snap a PIC and I'll compare it to my Sons 95 3.2 and see if I can help..

Not to jack your thread but do you guy's have a "GOOD" Salvage yard up there? I'm just a bit S in PSL and we got dick for salvage around here.. If there is something in the Palm Bay, Melbourne, Vero Bch area I'd like to make a run up there sometime soon..

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I think I know which one you are talking about...is it vertical? If it is I can go trace it for you...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have not walked thru any around here, but there are a few pull and pays in the area. What are you looking for? I can check around for whatever you are looking for, to save you a trip. The pics may be an issue, I am using a MacBook, and hate trying to download to it and from it. The fitting is in plain sight, just to the side of the intake's front freeze plug.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Ok sorry meant horizontal...I just ran out and looked at mine and its really the only small horizontal vacuum port on the intake I can clearly see. It crosses over on top of the intake manifold to the driver side, then has a check valve on it and then joins a bunch of other tubes that go down the frame rail...I really have no clue if my Passport runs vacuum for the 4 wheel drive activation but do you have 4 wheel drive?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FNFAL308 said:
Not to jack your thread but do you guy's have a "GOOD" Salvage yard up there? I'm just a bit S in PSL and we got dick for salvage around here.. If there is something in the Palm Bay, Melbourne, Vero Bch area I'd like to make a run up there sometime soon..
Check Diamond Used Auto Parts at 321-724-1277, first one that comes to mind. There is another big one out 192 towards White Cloud. But there are a few "junk yards" in the area. Let me know what you are looking for, unless you are a junk yard junkie like I used to be. LoL. :lol:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Tell Ya what, I'll get a PIC of My Sons motor and post it up for you to look at & maybe that will help..

Bud if you could/would do that I'd owe you a cold one fer sher..
Hoping to find a couple things for my 01 RODEO that I have been unable to find to date.

Need the PLASTIC eng cover (mine is gone and was that way when I bought it) and I'm hoping to find a FOG Lamp setup from a RODEO or PASSPORT.
For that I need R&L FOG Lamp assy (inc mounting brackets), dash switch, & relay. Need a few things for my Sons but I'm working with someone here first for that as he has already been very helpful and I want to make sure he doesn't have what I need first.

NO rush and I sure do appreciate the help. I get up that way a couple times a month when I go to the range in SEBASTIAN and also have been shooting Once a Month at MALABAR so I am in the area pretty often and again would not be apposed to making the trip do do a Pull & Pay venture.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Passport will be used for parts in the near future, so I will have some extra parts to sell or trade. So, if he doesn't have everything you are looking for, let me know.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Found the crankcase vent hose to the plastic intake was off, causing the erratic condition. Plugged it back in and the engine purred, a little high idle, capped the vacuum port and drops 100 RPM. ???

·
Registered
141 Posts
Check the vacuum line (pretty good sized) right under the throttle body. I just noticed the other day while tinkering with my Sons ROEO that it was badly cracked and barely on..

Thanks MUCH for the Scrapyard help, much appreciated..

Far as the PASSPORT Parts, WILL DO.. I need to put a little list together and send that to Lowzone so we can see what he may have.. I'll try and get that done ASAP.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.