Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 rodeo with a 3.2 liter.Replaced the fuel pump about three thousand miles ago and until the other day the vehicle ran like new.The other day it wouldn't start.After cranking it for awhile it finaly started and ran great all day.The next morning it would not start.If I spray starting fluid in the breather it will fire so it has to be a fuel problem.There are no codes in the computer.Would a bad fuel pressure regulater cause it to not run at all?

·
Registered
555 Posts
ericbx419 said:
I have a 96 rodeo with a 3.2 liter.Replaced the fuel pump about three thousand miles ago and until the other day the vehicle ran like new.The other day it wouldn't start.After cranking it for awhile it finaly started and ran great all day.The next morning it would not start.If I spray starting fluid in the breather it will fire so it has to be a fuel problem.There are no codes in the computer.Would a bad fuel pressure regulater cause it to not run at all?
Have you checked the simple stuff like the fuel pump fuse. Also,what brand of pump did you buy. The originals last 15 or 20 years on some vehicles,but some have reported the cheaper aftermarket ones are not reliable. I would diagnose it without assuming that the fuel pump is necessarily good just because you changed it out recently.

·
Registered
101 Posts
sounds like a lack of fuel problem. next time it does it. just turn the key to the "on" position and listen to see if you can hear the fuel pump prime. if it doesnt you know your issue is there. if it does prime, id start with the filter and pressure test the line

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.