Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I failed to heed the warnings that I should replace the water pump when fixing the timing belt tensioner. I got the engine running solid this weekend and today when I went to do some more work on her I found coolant on the ground. After hosing it off and starting her up,is coming from the front of the engine. It does not look like its leaking from any of the places like up top or the hoses in front so Im pretty sure its the water pump. I see many brands ranging from 25 bucks to 150 bucks. I know,you get what you pay for. On the other hand,if you choose the most expensive part every single time,you quickly end up spending thousands of dollars and running out of money,and then the truck just sits there. Not being made of money,I want to know how the cheap ones hold up? Are some brands better than others? Which brand seems to have the best value.

·
Banned
198 Posts
Running a GMB pump here. Got it part of a timing belt kit for 115 bux shipped. Kit included the ITM timing belt, ITM tensioner pulley and idler, Cam and crank seals and the GMB water Pump.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200556871746&viewitem=

Have had great experience with ITM products. Heck some of there head gaskets are stronger than Felpro....

also used this on the water pump gasket "both sides". also stand by this product.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sohc said:
Running a GMB pump here. Got it part of a timing belt kit for 115 bux shipped. Kit included the ITM timing belt, ITM tensioner pulley and idler, Cam and crank seals and the GMB water Pump.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200556871746&viewitem=

Have had great experience with ITM products. Heck some of there head gaskets are stronger than Felpro....

also used this on the water pump gasket "both sides". also stand by this product.

As do I. I love that product. There is something better though,but I have not been able to find it recently. Its by the same company and is a similar copper gasket sealer but it comes in a can with a brush and has a consistency like rubber cement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts