Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
i just picked up a sweet champane/silver 96 Rodeo "S" w/posi and alloy package for 800.00. The top end of the motor (intak,sensors,valve covers) were off and i put everything back together today to get it running so i can atleast move it around. I bought it with the understanding it had a rod knock, well its in the head somewhere. LOUD too, MY BLACK 96 "S" that i drive (yes i have 2 now) has the typical valve tap but this one is bad. Any ideas, i was think along the lines of a collapse lifter (on the rocker). The valve covers were caked with burnt oil from lack of changes i guess, so i was thinking that its in the valve train completely. The top half of the motor is cake to take apart now and the passengerside head is making the noise, so that one has room to pull the head. I have a few projects on the burner (see avitar 8) ) so im not going to do anything till spring. If the motor is indeed shot, im grafting on a 95 Pup 2wd truck frame and dropping in a V8. So i MIGHT have a front suspension clip and driveline available.......MIGHT. Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My black 96 i bought last year had a rebuilt motor in it, so that one is good for the winter.
thanks guys
Ron

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, but i have the timing belt covers off and it still knocking, when the truck warms up abit the knock is heard down below, so im going after a thrown rod bearing. (valves are ok, idles smooth) Oh well, i cut the 2wd truck frame today and moving the v8 around the garage, so next spring after my other projects are done, its getting a 1/2 frame swap and the v8. Got the dana 44 LSD as a factory part, so im ahead of the game there. woo hooo, just needed a good excuse. I will be parting the 4x4 and driveline (except the rear ;) )so if anyone needs anything in the spring, let me know
thanks
Ron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.