Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Rodeo is our extra vehicle, mainly for the winter, and the AC has never work since we bought it last year from my brother in law. He did say it worked early last summer then just stopped one day. I decided to take a look at it today, thinking it was low on freon, but it had plenty in it, but just blows warm. I even took it to a shop and had them evacuate the system in the event it had too much and it still didnt work, and when I reinstalled the freon it wouldn't work, the compressor never kicking on. As I dug more into it, I checked the compressor and the clutch turns by hand so its not locked up.

I decided to do some searching and read a post where the AC button was the culprit, however I took it out and bypassed it using the diagram from a chiltons manual but no luck. The idle does increase a very slight bit when the button is pressed, but it always did that. When I unhooked the plug on the evaporator behind the grill I could use jumpers to get the slight idle increase and to get the condensor fan to kick on, but no other time on the fan.

I was checking fuses and so forth under the hood and realized the AC fuse was blown. I replaced it but it blew again immediately. I took a test light and one side of the fuse was showing a current but the other was grounded (hooked test light cable to positive, tip showed negative) which is why it was blown. I then checked the relay and all of the connectors in the fuse block for the AC relay were grounded as well.

I realize this could be many things, but to avoid spending a fortune to repair it, does this sound like anything in particular someone might recognize? I initially thought compressor but my only experience with compressor issues is a bad clutch. Any help would be appreciated!!!

·
Registered
602 Posts
When you put freon into it did you have the car running and the A/C on full blast before and during the freon install? How much pressure does it read on the low side? Which freon are you running R12 or R134? Are the fittings screw on or slip on?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts