Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Well, it may be something else, but it's possible the thermostat it bad (I may be wrong). Removing the evap core isn't that difficult (read my thread on how to do it). It took me a solid 4 hours to get it off.. But I didn't know the knee brace where the glove box is bolted to came off.. Grrr..

It's a really cheap part I believe. It's just a small wire with a sensor at the end that fits inside the evap core.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
anyone else have any suggestions? Im sure its got to be some sort of electical issue, not shutting the compressor off. Could be the thermostat wire, but anything else while im inside the dash or under the hood?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think my post may have been misunderstood...a/c will cycle fine and blow cold and push air wherever you want it. It will not shut off, as in...pushing the a/c button on dash will do nothing, it moves in and out but wont turn the a/c off.

Maybe a relay stuck, if it has one...or the dash button itself?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can see everyone is in a rush to reply, but slow down and let me tell you what i found thus far....

There are 3 wires that lead to the a/c compressor, 2 of them are plugged into the compressor and 1 green wire is hanging loose not plugge into anything. If anyone has ever tried to look at the a/c compressor on one of these vehicles, you will know its far from an easy task. Not only can I not tell where the 2 lines are plugged into on the compressor but finding where that green wire goes and what it does is seeming impossible.

If I pull the a/c com relay from the under hood relay/fuse box, the button inside will operate correctly and I can hear the engine change rpm points when I push the a/c button in and out. But if I plug the relay back in and press the a/c button in, the 10a fuse blows that is next to the relay under hood. I have tried switching relays around since they all look the exact same but to no avail, still blows that fuse and a/c can not be turned off from the button inside. Obviously something is wrong with the wiring that goes to that relay....is it that green loose wire or ??????

Also, when I switch the cold/hot lever to the "hot" position, it doesnt blow hot air...still cold. Lines going to the heater core are hot.

Wiring and auto electicians needed....help plzzzzzzz

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its hard to tell if that manual helps or not.....i mean it does and it is informative, but something is missing.

Where it shows anything about the a/c compressor, it only shows 1 black wire coming from it or going to it. There are two other colored wires that also plug into it, but that manual doesnt show them or talk about them. It is helping me with testing of certain relays n such, but so far everything tests good. If I could just trace the wires to and from the compressor, that would give me a great starting point.

thank you again isuzu95 for the manual....it will come in handy :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
vzfox said:
The a/c will run constantly rather the a/c button is pushed in or out.

Suggestions on what to check for and how to test them plz :)

1995 Isuzu Rodeo LS V6 4WD
Update, this is gonna sound stupid, and i think its way ignorant but check this.....I just bought this suv from an individual about a week ago. He mis represented his sale saying the a/c works great and all windows work. I made the purchase on his word (Im a trusting guy as a fault). When I got it home, I found that not only were the shocks and brakes shot smooth to hell but the oil looked like mud. The more I looked into this suv, the more disappointed I was. So far, I have put new shocks on, new brakes and changed the oil and put some Lucas oil additive in plus a small bit of Lucas transmission lube in the tranny. The suv looks really good and hopefully now it will run better.

Now, back to the point at hand.....on the a/c, this is what I found. The clutch plate had been welded to the compressor wheel in three spots. Yes, you heard right WELDED!! Why, one can only imagine. I spent alot of my morning today with a dremel cutting the welds loose. After doing so, I replaced the fuse in the under hood relay box and WAALAA, a/c works just as it should going on and off with the push of a button. Now for some unknown to mankind reason, the ******** I bought this suv from welded this....there has to be a reason to that insanity. :roll: It does make an horrific noise now when the a/c is turned off, but as I watch the compressor turn without the clutch welded to it, it does still try to spin somewhat catching on the cut pieces of weld. Im thinking if I drive it a while with the a/c off the weld pieces will grind themselves down and stop skreating to high hell. I also found the other side of the green wire connection while I was under the truck cutting welds and reconnected them. Maybe that wire kept a/c from working properly and they decided "hey, lets just weld the fkr into place" ughhhhh. I will find out more as I drive around if there was actually a reason for the welds.

As for the power windows (another thread I have here)....Previous owner also said they all worked. When making the purchase, they didnt work. He looked amazed and said "thats weird, they all did work just yesterday".....BS. The child lock on the main window switch was smooth broken inside the assembly, preventing ground from being made to operate any of the windows. And from what I could tell, that child lock didnt just break, it had been that way for some time. Anyways, got another main switch ordered and should be here within a few more days.

To top things off, listen at this (I know im rambling now but still)....he sold this suv because his 16 year old daughter was about to start driving and she wanted a smaller vehicle. What person in there right frkn mind would give such a delapated, un cared for vehicle to their own daughter to go kill themselves in...WTF!! :evil: but anyways, its my prob now and hopefully the kinks are all getting worked out little by little. If you see more threads posted here by me, plz do help me as much as you can. Im running low on money and patience and need a safe reliable suv :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.