Isuzu SUV Forum banner
121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
95 Pickup, 98 Amigo
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Yeah the kit was great, I think it was a little over $300. Considering the price of steel here is $3/lb it was totally worth it to go with the prefab

And for what it's worth, don't ever get this duplicolor bedliner spray. It didn't dry overnight so I googled how long it'd take and people were saying a MONTH.

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Green Bottle
Automotive tire Gas Automotive exterior Auto part Bumper

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
I used a bedliner on mine, then sprayed the accent body color over it. The bedliner just scratched right through right away I felt like. Not like what you're showing, but the first scrape and it was down to the metal. Also, I rolled my bedliner on, and I didn't like the finish. It somehow made my welds look worse.

·
Registered
95 Pickup, 98 Amigo
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 · (Edited)
Hand tool Font Gas Key Auto part

Here's the CV carnage. Destruction on both ends that I still don't really comprehend. Outer side bearing cage broke into pieces and is somewhere in the Stanislaus national forest. Inner side a few of the balls were popped out of their cage which I'm not even sure how that's possible inside the soup can. I guess from wheeling in 3WD with the half-axle able to bend at crazy angles

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
Gotta ask. Are you running diff drop brackets? Dennis

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
IIRC the brackets can give you a 1-1/2" drop. You will have to modify the front crossmember too. I made my own brackets by pulling a pair from a 91 Trooper (same brackets). Cut them, welded them up, but didn't get to put them on before the truck caught fire. Sold them to someone here. if you get out to the boneyards, you might find longer bolts and even spacers to drop the originals down a bit. This is commonly done with the drive cradles on Subarus when lifting. Certain years of Subarus have "spools" for lowering the cradles. Probably same size bolts (diameter). I scrounged through a bunch of Asian cars to find the correct length bolts for my subie. Dennis

·
Registered
95 Pickup, 98 Amigo
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Yeah not much gain with the spacers, but it's been better than nothing I was figuring. I'll have to take a look and see if it's possible to do without dropping the whole front end again.

But I think you guys have convinced me to do the drop brackets on the amigo whenever that thing gets a front locker

·
Registered
95 Pickup, 98 Amigo
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
I appreciate that.

Just got back from the gambler 500 last weekend and still recovering from whatever crazy flu I got up there. Had to take a buddies Tahoe cuz Suzie isn't feeling the best right now either. It seems to hesitate/shake around 2500-3000 rpm, struggles to go above 55mph, idling a little funky, and takes a little longer to cold start. Just feels really misfirey. My first instincts were blown head gasket or stuck injector. 167/165/160/160 were my cold numbers, and all the spark plugs looked good. None stood out like they had an injector problem or anything. Vacuum gauge read -20 which is about normal. Gonna keep prodding at it when I get the chance.

Bonus picture of a fellow pickup from gambler. There were about 6 troopers there, and two Chevy Luvs.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Pickup, 98 Amigo
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Figured out my misfire issue. Bad plug wire was causing no spark on cyl 3. Plug wires are only a year old so I originally didn't think to check them. Feels good to have my truck back on the road, it's almost been a month. Test drove 4 hours to get something special for the amigo, update on that coming soon.

Hand Arm Human body Gesture Wood

121 - 133 of 133 Posts