Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Isuzu Pickup 4WD 2.6 5sp
135 Posts
Van said:
You don't see these too often anymore. :(
You've got the 2.6 engine since I don't see the V6 emblems... might have been removed tho :? 4:30 gears IF 2.6... look under the hood on the firewall for the Service Parts ID Plate, will have "S7C"
I read somewhere that 4.56 were included with 4WD Pickups that came with 31's (I think it was called the 'Big Joe' package) which is tire code 9JG on the build plate on my 89 Pickup. I confirmed I have 4.56 gears with the technique shown here. Any Trooper from 88 to '97 will have the same 12 bolt 4.56. I just pulled a G80 third member out of a '94 Trooper but haven't installed it yet.

Your pickup is looking great, man. I'm super anxious to get mine out trails soon! Waiting on parts...

One more thing - you mentioned about my rear slider window. I recently found out it's an aftermarket window by C.R. Laurence. There was a sticker on the window which I originally thought was for the sound system install.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Awesome! This makes me very anxious to get my project on the road! I just switched out the thermostat yesterday. Did yours seat all the way around in the housing recess?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Tentin said:
Yeah it fit right in with no issues, I just took note of how the old one was positioned with the jiggle pin and matched it when installing. The part number was Stant 13858 and the gasket that failed to seal without RTV was an APEX AWO2032. I applied it to both sides of the gasket, attached the housing finger tight, then fully tightened the next day.
I didn't know to do any of those things lol. We'll see what happens. Thanks for the info for when I have to go back and do it right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts