Isuzu SUV Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The 94 has a different system. It never had a remote. The factory system is pretty simple and is tied into the power door locks. Unlock it with the key and it turns off the alarm. You'll need the manual for the aftermarket system in order to program it.

-Tad

·
Registered
429 Posts
i just did mine the other day worked just fine it took me a couple of times to get it right but both my remotes work now.. thanks :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Finally!!!! It only took like a hundred tries... the other link didn't seem to work... but there is a TYPO is you have to take it to ON... NOT ACC...

It took me a few tries once I figured that out...

The black box for the keyless entry on the 98 is against the engin wall just between the brake and the fuse box, but higher up... no green button that I saw... or pressed... just follow the directions, but to ON, and NOT acc...

And I did the hokey pokey... it was pretty ****in frustrating... but a lonely moment of glory... I basically had to memorize the motions, then find this post... Oh Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks and I hope this helps someone else... 8)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought a 99 Trooper and replaced the batteries on the remote. If I press the lock button it chirps for about 5 seconds and does nothing. If I press the unlock button it does absolutely nothing but the panic button works. I tried what the first poster says and it wont work. On the ign. switch it has "lock, off, ACC, and ON" is there another step I am missing...please help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Remote keyless entry becomes popular these days because it is convenient to use due to its automatically locking and unlocking car door system. And the most important feature of this product is its protection against theft. Some times Keyless entry doesn’t even need your hand because it is equipped with a central locking system, wherein the drivers wear a system badge which broadcast a signal recognized by the system that automatically unlock the doors when the driver approaches the car and automatically locking when the drivers move away.

keyless entry

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've never been able to program a remote for my 95 Trooper Limited, despite following the instructions atop this thread. (Is bumping this thread okay, or prefered to starting a new one?) It has the box under the dash behind the little removable panel on the left, though the previous owner said he did not have a remote to give me. I purchased an Isuzu remote, supposedly from a 95 Trooper, and an aftermarket remote for a 95 Trooper. Neither seem to work, and something is not adding up.

Maybe this is it:
perhaps my "1995 Trooper" is a 1995.5 model? How can you tell? Are there other significant differences between 95s and 95.5s I should be aware of? The keyless box has a yellow button in the center, accesible from the little panel with a long screwdriver. I'm thinking I should ditch these remotes and get one listed for 96-97 Troopers. The Isuzu one I have is rectangular, with 4 buttons, FCC ID G57ITX318. Can anyone tell me if a later remote is likely to be what I need, or what it looks like? Two buttons and a more rounded shape? Sorry, I just don't want to go blowing another $30-$40 if the control box is hosed or something. The horn does beep and I hear some clicks when it enters what is presumably the program mode.

Thanks for any clue here.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Cali_drvr78 said:
I just bought a 99 Trooper and replaced the batteries on the remote. If I press the lock button it chirps for about 5 seconds and does nothing. If I press the unlock button it does absolutely nothing but the panic button works. I tried what the first poster says and it wont work. On the ign. switch it has "lock, off, ACC, and ON" is there another step I am missing...please help.
Exactly the same to yours is happening to me, did you solve it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I brought my '01 Rodeo to now 4 different places and they still couldn't figure mine out. They have also changed out several modules too, under the steering wheel, under the glove box, and nothing.
We've done the programming as stated here, and also the other shops tried to reprogram it too.

So, I gave up and will be getting a new remote start which I had installed 10yrs ago.
Nothing works with the factory key fob as of now. No panic, no unlocking of doors, no locking of doors.
Very frustrating.

·
Registered
1 Posts
pulled me a remote out of a 96 trooper at the junk yard today, i have a 95.5 and all i can get is a relay "click" and when it clicks the "P" on the drive selector and the after market radio flashes on and off. key on - push button, hold 2 seconds - push fob button - clicks in 2 second intervals a few times then back to normal. tried a dozen or so times... any idea-ers?

·
Registered
213 Posts
So I'm trying to add a 2nd remote to my 1997 SLX (Trooper) and I have the module with a green button. I have tried for 2 days to get it to pair this new remote and it won't go into programming mode. My alarm light that flashes when opening the door or goes solid when arming, it never comes on, no horn, no chirp, no exterior lights. I've tried pressing and holding the green button and pressing the remote. I've followed every post in this thread, the one that pointed me to this thread, northwestkeys site. I can not get it to work. I've pulled the module and using a multimeter can confirm the green button is working as it is supposed to, the grounds are good. My 1st remote does work like it should. The new remote has the same FCC ID and everything. Good batteries. Any one got any suggestions?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I guess the two possibilities are operator error or defective remote. I have one where the case housing the battery is cracked, and the crack prevents the battery from maintaining contract with the battery terminal. I hope you get it figured out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello i'm new to the forum cause i bought isuzu trooper LS 3.2 DOHC 94 and it is equiped with ant theft system with remote. I've tried the procedure for Trooper 95,5-97 because my anti theft has yellow button inside the hole. After done this procedure i herad all horn beeps but when i press any button it didn't operate but horn still did one bib after one press, any ideas? thank's

21 - 36 of 36 Posts