Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the PERFORMANCE ACCESSORIES BODY LIFT KIT -- 3 in. now the steering shaft is too long. It also looks like I need to drill the shaft extension because there is no groove for the bolt to pass through. Performance does not answer my emails on the problem. Has anyone else had this problem?

thanks

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
i installed a 3 inch performance body lift on my 95 trooper and my 95 pick up.what you you mean by saying the extension for steering is to long.i did have to lower my steering shaft almost an inch at the fire wall to relieve steering bind on my pick up truck,i did have pictures posted on this at one time on planet isuzu 8) recon

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I try to install the steering extension the overall length of the shaft is too long to be able to connect it back up.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Replaced the body mounts and shaft now fits. My old body bushings were totally wore out. I was looking for a groove in the new shaft extension thinking it was like the old one, however it has a flat spot on the splines that need to be rotated till the bolt fits. Not as good as the factory groove being if this bolt comes loose (does not have to fall out) the steering shaft can be pulled out of steering box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts