Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have a 94 rodeo and the lock for the rear window button wont turn. like i can put my key inside it but it just wont turn. is their a way to dis-assemble these locks to un-freeze the tumblers or do i just need to get a new one?

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Get some lock lube at the hardware store.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i already tried spraying the hell out of it with lube and no luck. i dont even know how to lock it since its frozen. do u have to push the button in then turn the key? or do u turn it when the button is out?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
johnnie59 said:
At the risk of sounding uncouth...

Push it in and turn it... :oops:
yeah i figured thats how it was but wasnt positive since its frozen anyway lol if theirs away to dis-assemble the lock itself so i can get access to the tumblers and clean them, then know i can get it working again. just not sure if u can with these locks :-(

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so i pulled the lock out of the truck tonight to try and take it apart and un-freeze it. couldnt figure out how to take it apart :-( the i noticed after squirting a bunch of penetrating fluid in it and trying to work the key in... it doesnt seem like the key goes "in" all the way. like it seems like it still needs to go in a extra click but no matter what i did i couldnt get it to. so whats my next option? i dont want someone to just be able to break into the back of my truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts