Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come across a very good condition 94 HP LX.

It has 120k and needs some front end work. Bearings, rotors, CV shafts.
How much does this cost for this turck. With all this off I might as well do
a complete front end rebuild.

The body has no rust except just a bit on the spare tire rack. Interior is
in very good condition.

What do you all think?? How do these compair to the Rodeo of the same
year.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
quoted by a mechanic, it would cost me 378 for one cv to be replaced. if you can do it on your own, then it will just be the cost of the new axle, typically around 150 at a parts store. you can get good used ones also. rotors costed me bigtime also. 2 new rotors and all new pads was over 700. but they were shot to hell. make sure the 4wd system works too. other than that, id say go for it. if you are going to rebuild the whole front end, then it might be more money in repairs than the whole truck.

·
Registered
99 Posts
700 bucks for front pads and rotors? Did he at least give the courtesy of some vaseline and a reacharound?

The local dealer quoted me $635 for new rotors, reman. calipers, pads and full bleed. Thats for front and rear. And thats a ripoff dealer.

Ive got a 98 Trooper, but I cant see a rodeo (Passport) being more money.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
it was taken to sears :shock: but not by my call. also, i had some pin that was siezed and they spent like 3 hours just trying to get it free.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
How do these compair to the Rodeo of the same
year.
There are no mechanical differences between Passports and Rodeos of the same model. I beleive there were slight differences in the options and trim packages between the two, but very minor.

In order to replace the CV shafts, even just the half shafts, they will have to pull the rotors, so there should not be much additional labor to rebuild it with new bearings and rotors.

I recall having new CV shafts installed for about $600. It was a while back, and I'm not sure if they replaced the whole shaft or just the outers.

HIH,
Andre

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.