Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1994 Amigo that I have taken great care of. It’s been idling high and then occasionally drops very low. I have cleaned the throttle body and tried another mass air flow sensor. I don’t see anything that resembles an Idle Air Control valve on the throttle body. There is only a throttle position sensor, which I replaced with a factory part. Does anyone know if the 2.6L has one, and where it is located?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I will try to find it. Do I have to remove the manifold to get to it? It sounds like it is hard to remove.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went in with a flashlight and really didn't know what I was looking for. I was looking for a plug with a vacuum hose near it. I will definitely try to soak the hose. It seems like I would have to take the manifold off and that is beyond my skill/comfort level. I will search for the pictures, too. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm confused, so you mean to remove the hose completely and soak it in a bath? Is it the inside that matters? Like could you just tape off one side and fill the hose? What's the issue that's being solved when you do this?

This video shows the location at 2:25 ish. I couldn't really see it by eye when I looked for it myself, but used my phone to take a video with the flash on to locate it. Then just follow that hose, unplug it, and fill it up for a good 24 hours.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm confused, so you mean to remove the hose completely and soak it in a bath? Is it the inside that matters? Like could you just tape off one side and fill the hose? What's the issue that's being solved when you do this?
Thank you for the video. That really helps! I will try spraying out the hose. Just to clarify…I spray PB blaster n the hose and let it soak. I should not spray it in the IAC?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah pull off the other end of the hose (the side not directly touching the IAC). And then spray like a quarter of a can into it. It'll make sense once you identify it. It's like making a beer bong of PB blaster for the IAC to get shoved down it's throat.

The hose had a hose clamp I couldn't see until I was eye level with it. Make sure to remove that before tugging on the line.
I was able to pull the hose off under the manifold and I filled it with PB Blaster. I will leave it and try to start it in a day or two. It appears that I could reach up and undo the two bolts if I wanted to remove the IAC. People mentioned it is impossible. It is a 2Wd. I took a picture from underneath. Am I oversimplifying the removal process?

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts