Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
94 amigo 2wd 5spd i bought it for 350.00 and was running on 2 cylinders. Fixed the head gasket and it runs like a champ. But now i have problems starting it. It would start up fine and when i try to start it after driving it would just crank. But i did manage to get it to start when i pulled it home one time, i threw it gear and it started. Weird! I took the fuel pump out and hooked it up with a battery and it functions correctly and i have voltage at the harness underneath the car too. i switched relays between the horn and fuel pump and still nothing. just cranks the whole time and i do have spark. i searched and people with this same problem and had it fixed with a new alternator. i dont wanna spend money on a new alternator if it isnt the right fix. any advice would be greatly appreciated
thanks in advanced

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Cant hurt to check all your grounds, but I'd suspect the alternator.

Jim

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi,

I had a 90 amigo with the same problem. When the shop disconnected the alternator it started up every time and ran perfect. As soon as they connected the alternator back up the problem came back. They checked the alternator and found a bad diode. Disconnect your alternator and try starting it a few times and see if it runs, reconnect it and try starting it. You can take the alternator in and have it tested.
Good luck,

Scott

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got it running after i wacked the fuel tank with a 2x4. :lol:
i plan on selling it after i change the fuel pump. what do you guys think i could get for her? it runs superb but the bad part is that it has 194xxx miles on it and it needs a new top.
94 5 speed
2 wheel drive
new head gasket
no rust/straight body
thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.