Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is only every now and then, you can be driving around fine and then you leave a stop light and have zero power, you can floor the truck and can't get over 30mph, then all the sudden it will act normal! Often times when this happens, the volt gauge will max out and the engine will die! I had it checked by mechanics they say no problems on computer and that only real problem was oil pressure being about 10psi on idle. Charging system checks perfect at every parts store and electrical shop in the country! I don't know what to do?? My 1st thought is a Throttle position sensor. But i was wondering if this has happened to any of u. THank yoU! Please help!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
It almost sounds like a fuel pump going. Check your connections near the tank. This is usually the culprit. Check your gound near the tank as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the starter rebuilt, they said it only needed cleaned up and all the charging was well. When i go to start the car it takes a few turns and then it whines like belts and then it starts. all new belts put in last week, new fuel filter, fresh oil change not a week old and oil already pitch black. It does make sense that the hard start is because it is starving for fuel, what do u think???

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Get a garage to do a compression test. Or buy a compression tester from Sears for like 24 dollars. Post the results here on each cylinder. Might be time for a rebuild. The oil being extremely black after such a short period of time is odd.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
more like pinging. I have hardly any money and may trade it off. Sounds like an engine rebuild, how much would that cost??

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
Another thing to check are the spark plug wires. I'd have the same kinds of problems when mine started to arc together. Try moving each of them in their clips, and look for burned spots on the insulation where the wire touches anything (especially something metal).

-Tad

·
Registered
23 Posts
Strange I feel like I only can see one side of this conversation. I had the same problem but it was my transmission that would not down shift after a stop. The problem was caused by the transmission controller, not the trans. itself. Try to down shift the transmission manually to see if it works.
if so the let me know then I tell you what to do next.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts