Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
93trooperpooper said:
my bad- it was almost 1,000 km round trip.
some issues with the cruise- it worked great for most of the trip, but then it would not engage.....on they way back it worked flawlessly.?wtf
did not use any oil or coolant.
but -long cranking to start when shut down hot. started fine after it sat for 2 hrs.
needs an oil change, already put 5,000 km on it!
Good to see another identical AB trooper being well taken care of at such a high mileage! I am planning a long road trip in mine out to Vancouver Island and back, so it's great to see you have the conrfidence in it to take it on a 1000km trip. keep that puppy going, she deserves the long life!

Did you ever resolve the long crank when hot starting issue? I'm thinking the cause may be the anti drainback valve in the fuel pump. Mine does the same thing

·
Registered
115 Posts
Your trooper is a real demonstration of their durability. I bet that rear diff will keep going for a while yet!
Too bad parts availability is so low for the G80. Would a rebuild even be possible with jerry parts?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just thought id let u know that Performance FI will give you a better deal on the fuel injector service if you provide those external orings or let him u know u have some to install yourself. He also had the correct o-ring for the fuel rail return line, there is a rubber one which should be replaced and a plastic hard one which you can reuse on that fuel return hard line. When he sold me that oring he wasn't 100% confident it was the right size but it ended up being a perfect fit

·
Registered
115 Posts
Had some lifter noise like your describing but less intermittent, some seafoam im the crankcase 100km prior to an oil change or some high detergent 0w30 as in that Isuzu TSB seems to bring down the valve train noise on my 93, may not be the fix for yours but thought id mention

·
Registered
115 Posts
Good to hear the fuel injector service had some benefit!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts