Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first Trooper. It has the door lock actuators and factory alarm. The alarm functions all power windows work and other electronics. But i either one dont know how to operate door locks or there is a problem.

Fuse is good even replaced it just to be safe.

From what i read all your supposed to do is use key to unlock with key and it unlocks the doors etc but it does nothing.

I dont mind having to do manual locks but if thepower locks there id like to have them working. Could it be a relay?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
RAY

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
does drivers door lock work if you pull it up and down?it should lock all doors Pass side will only unlock the doors it will not lock all of them when depressed.
Can you hear the solinoids click?
If not check fuse and relay.
if you can hear them click,take off door panels and see if plastic clips are broken that attatch them to the solinoids.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It works to lock drivers dor and unlock it but nothing else. Ive pulled door pannel off and actuator is attached and can manual use lever to lock unlock it. Fuse is good but i dont know wherr the relay would be so i have not checked it.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
There is no relay.
Power from fuse 18 goes into door lock controller(behind pass front kick panel).
Check for 12V at lt grn/yel(unlock)lt grn/red(lock) [inside drv door]this should let you know if controller is working.
When you lock or unlock drv or pass side doorlock it closes ground and activates the controller for rest of locks.(this is a timer so it wil be a quick spike)
Hope this helps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts