Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this?

Recall Number: 94V132000
Dates Manufactured: NOV 1991 to APR 1994
Number of Vehicles Affected: 122297
Date Owners Notified On: Unavailable
CONSTANT EXPANSION AND CONTRACTION OF THE CYLINDER HEAD CAUSES THE CAMSHAFT SEAL END PLUG CAN BECOME DISLODGED FROM THE CYLINDER HEAD. THIS ALLOWS OIL TO LEAK FROM THE CAMSHAFT.
Consequence of Defect:
THIS CAN CAUSE ENGINE DAMAGE AND POSSIBLE ENGINE FIRE FROM OIL LEAKING ONTO THE HOT EXHAUST SYSTEM.
Corrective Action:
DEALERS WILL INSTALL CAMSHAFT END SEAL PLUG RETAINER PLATES.

I don't have an Isuzu dealer in my area, can I take it anywhere else? Also how involved is this going to be? And... is there anyway to tell if the previous owner has already done this?

I don't thinks so. I was climbing a pretty steep incline once and I started to get a lot of white smoke from under the hood. I would assume this is the cause of my leak but who knows. I've only had the truck for a little while so I'm still learning the ins and outs of it all. Got a Helm though, that should help.

Thanks for any response.

-Mark

·
Registered
564 Posts
ISUVols said:
I don't have an Isuzu dealer in my area, can I take it anywhere else? Also how involved is this going to be? And... is there anyway to tell if the previous owner has already done this?
You can only have an Isuzu recall service performed at an Isuzu dealership. If you go anywhere else, they could order the part and install it (it sounds pretty simple), but you'd have to pay for parts and labor. Normally when an Isuzu dealership performs a recall campaign service, they will affix a label next to the vehicle information label on the door pillar.

I don't thinks so. I was climbing a pretty steep incline once and I started to get a lot of white smoke from under the hood. I would assume this is the cause of my leak but who knows. I've only had the truck for a little while so I'm still learning the ins and outs of it all. Got a Helm though, that should help.
Sounds unlikely to me. If you had an oil leak, you'd generally get more of a bluish/blackish smoke when it comes into contact with the exhaust manifold. It sounds more like your radiator overflow bottle overflowed onto something hot, which generated a bunch of steam.

Now, all of this is academic for me, because I have a '98 Trooper, so I can't tell you if that's a likely scenario.

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
ISUVols said:
is there anyway to tell if the previous owner has already done this?
You can call your isuzu dealer and ask to do a recall check. Give them the VIN and they can look it up and see if there are any outstanding recalls.

Before I bought mine I did a carfax report on it and found that the ABS recall hadnt been done so I had my local stealer do it. I always get recalls done even if its something that will probably never effect me (like the seat belt recall on my mitsu, I dont wear seatbelts most of the time). At least its free so why not do it.

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
You can try calling Isuzu customer service and see if they have someone near you that they will let do it. I know of some people that did that with other vehicles and didnt have a dealer close to them. Either the local shop sends the bill to the company, or, you pay first and they reimburse you. I'm sure they would let a honda dealer do it. Though you still may be screwed because of this from the NHTSA website..
Are There Any Limitations on My Right to Have My Vehicle Remedied at No Charge?

Yes. There is a limitation based on the age of the vehicle. In order to be eligible for free remedy, the vehicle cannot be more than 10 years old on the date the defect or non-compliance is determined
Depends on how cheap Isuzu wants to be about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.