Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone or can it be done,, 929 springs emu 3" amigo with 2 1/2" poly daystarr spacers on top. for 5 1/2" rear lift? about to order from jack it.com and springs from independent4x. another question are the 3" emu trooper springs built taller ,,, being that the factory units are 1 1/2" taller ?

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
I guess it could be done...but you won't be able to get the front ride height to match. I'd say 4" is about tops, though an Amigo owner can chime in.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Not to be too off subject, but BigSwede, your sig is just badarse.. Took me a second to figure it out, hope you dont' mind my copy and not to highjack OP and thats just plain creative BigSwede. As to the OP, a buddy with a 'migo once lifted his over 8", mostly custom fab work.. in the end it was an epic fail, as he rolled it the 2nd time he took it wheeling but I believe he cut some parts out of an old <as in 1960's old F150 he had rusting around at his parents place to make it work. ) This was when I was in my early 20's, and I don't have the details.. I just remember looking at it and drooling..

._______
I__I__\__ \__
I______[o]III[o]
-()_)--()_)---)_)

·
Registered
676 Posts
pmat discovered that the front coil springs from the Bronco II's actually fit our coiled Zu's. For his troop it gave him 4.5" of lift IIRC. In theory, that would give a Rodeo/Amigo 6.5" of lift in the rear.

From what I've heard, BigSwede is right about only getting 4" of lift out of the front end. The only way you could get more lift out of the front is to have a custom IFS drop kit made for your truck. Luckily Brandon (black98rodeo) already has one. He's got 13"-14" of lift (total) on his truck, but I'll bet if you contacted him and asked a few questions you could probably get something figured out.

-Robert

1 - 4 of 4 Posts