Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
How 'bout Gulf Oil racing livery (Robin's Egg Blue -I think- with Orange beltline/accents)? I think it'd look really cool on one of these and there wouldn't be another one like it. I've seen Broncos and Ford pickups with that paint scheme and it looks pretty sharp. It would "steal the show" no matter where you went.

The belt line lends itself to a two-tone paint job; Blue on top and Orange belt line would be one example.

A whole bunch of pics to look thru for inspiration:

Lots of different paint treatments, maybe you'll see something you like.

And a few attached for your viewing pleasure! I've been thinking of getting my '90 repainted, and am also thinking about colors. Will probably leave the main body blue, but I'm tired of the silver accents. Or maybe an inversion like the F150, who knows!

Cheers..............ed

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Truck
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Car

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Hey Ed,
I always liked that copper color that the Bronco is painted. There's a honda element for sale here locally that kinda has my interest that is that general color

View attachment 124057
I have that identical vehicle sitting in my driveway undergoing exhaust work. It's belongs to my Daugher's boyfriend and I'm helping him restore the exhaust after some A-Wholes cut out the cat last month. They also stole the alternator and starter (which some his friends already helped him replace). Man was that thing loud with only a foot or so of the exhaust down pipe left! I was lucky and my new Handy-Dandy Rigid 3/8" impact driver took out the exhaust manifold bolts on the lowest setting, without breaking them!

I ordered a cheap cat off eBay, and he picked up a stainless lifetime-warranty Walker muffler/silencer assy. Already got the cat installed and the muffler hung, just need a couple more gaskets (on order) and it'll be back together and quiet again!

The 4WD system on these works great and is seamless in operation, soon as the front tires slip, the rear diff starts driving. Otherwise it's in FWD. Not like my Trooper with a 'real' transfer case, but he's made it up and down the hills around my house with no trouble at all. More headroom than the Trooper inside, plus the seats fold upwards to the sides, so you can haul all kinds of things, from bikes, beds, to refrigerators. Quite a popular rig and they have a great resale value.

The Honda 2.4 is the same one in Accords. 160hp VTEC. Wish my '98 Frontier had a 160HP VTEC in it, it's DOHC 2.4 but doesn't have variable valve timing. Too bad they never made a RWD engine out of these, it'd be an excellent engine for a transplant.

At any rate, as we've seen old Troopers are becoming highly collectible and it's gonna be worth it to me to have it painted. It's got a lot of mods from stock, and a lot of new parts, and I'm dang sure not going to start over with another rig. I've been thinking about the copper color for a long time and I just might do it!

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Cheers Ed definitely something to consider, I really like that blue. One consideration is whatever painting that gets done I'm going to be doing myself, that's why I was leaning towards raptor because here in Oz its way cheaper to raptor than it is to paint even when you are doing it yourself.
I see that you can get color-tinted Raptor coating. So Raptorize your RS in some unique colors! Looks like you can get orange and blue, among others. It'd look cool!

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Motor vehicle
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Yeah, I don't hate the matte look. Looks like it would be quite durable, too. Wouldn't like it as much in a rougher finish. The blue matte on that Suzuki is really nice.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Y'all have LOTS of off-roads Down Under, eh!

2,941,299.2 Square Miles. Woo Hoo!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts