Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there new to the forum so here is what i started with a 1992 isuzu amigo i picked up for 430$ with a blown head gasket , it had a 2 inch bodylift on it so i put some 31's on it

then added a smittybuilt xrc8 winch to it with a custom winch mount

got pretty bored with that quick so i did a spring over in the rear and balljoint flip in the front and added some 33 procomp mud terrains

then i picked up some toy axles pretty shure 83 front and a 90 4cyl rear

more to come as money allows its a pretty slow build and im doing it in a gravel driveway

its looking like im going to have to get a toy steering box and more it forward on the frame,
more pics to come TG highsteer and other misc parts

·
Registered
289 Posts
nice truck and a steal for $430 . I have a Toy front going in my rig. no leafs though. are yours trussed? I saw the front armor. looks like the front is. did you buy the the premade armor and truss or did make it?

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
You can use your stock isuzu box they work great!! I moved it forward and down,just had to lengthen the steering shaft. Look for My post blood sweat and tears. It shows the box mounted in my 2000 amigo... I did the same thing in my 91. Lookin good nice job on the shakle mounting !!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i used the trailgear classic sas swap hanger, and the diff gaurd and truss are trailgear too, my highsteer and spring plates for the front are in the mail, the only thing i did to the front diff gaurd was make plates from 1/4 inch flat plate to cover up the open areas, more pics to come cleaning the frame up more tommorow morning, more pics to come

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
I used the high steer kit on my 91... It worked out good. The stock location of the box sits right over it though. That's why I suggest to move it forward and flatter. Another suggestion would be to cut the spring pads loose and rotate the pinion up. At the the same time cut the welds on the knuckles and rotate them back to roughly 6% of caster. It looks like you have the ability's to get er done quite well. I was very happy with the results of doing that extra work I could drive 60 plus in 4x with no vibrations.

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Another side note I used the toy front drive line in both amigo's you have to redrill the output flange and figure out a centering lip. I think I tack welded a sliver of pipe that fit snug ...
Good luck and enjoy !!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
highsteer came in the mail today so hopefully progress pics up soon just gotta wait for the rain to let up, thanks for the info bradzuzu, i might splurge on a high pinion front diff, well see how much overtime i can get at work first

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
I looked at that to just gets spendy !!!

The high steer set up forces you to have your rig lifted quite a bit as you can see on mine.
Otherwise the steering will pound the frame !!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
allright have been driving it and have put about 400 miles on it so far and the fuel pump just **** out on me, i was looking at the rci aluminum fuel cells, but they say the sending unit is o ohms empty, 90 ohms full.
all i could find with the factory sending unit is that its 125 empty and 15 ohms full, witch is completely opposite will the rci fuel cell work fine or will it not work properly??? the factory tank leaks and i dont want to waste my money on buying a used tank as i cant find them new anywhere

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
I ran into issues when I used an Isuzu fuel tank in my buggy build, I used an after market gauge.. I re-adjusted the curve of the sender, but the best I could get was a 3/4 reading when full... Another thing you could try is putting a resister inline with the new sender to add the extra ohms... And if it's backwards turn the float rod around.... How's it drive ??? How do
You like climbing to get in :)...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so the ohms is just for the fuel gauge, its not bad getting in and out the girlfriend hates it, i dont have shocks on in the front right now and its not that bad, im savin up for gears and got some 35 procomp mud terrains for it , and the front springs are settling down a little bit

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
what is the psi of the factory fuel pump and the flow rate, does anyone know? ive tried to research but didn't find any good solid info, when i spend 80-120 bucks on an inline pump i want to make shure i get the right one so it doesen't run like **** from getting to much or not enough fuel

1 - 20 of 22 Posts