Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this for $700 dollars about a month ago, found numerous problems wrong with it, and am in the process of fixing them all. Just wanted to share this with everybody on here. This is some of the help I had getting it going. http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=56190

Here she is,the pooper as my kids call it.

This is what I found when I looked underneath.

Somewhat easy fix.

Had the adjust the lash on the valves, they were way off.

More exhaust problems.

Cant afford a new manifold right now, this will have to do.

Thats all for now, I will post pics as i get things done. Next up is wheels and tires. Cmon tax returns.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Looks like you're making steady progress. Clean trooper. Keep us posted on the improvements.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Looks pretty clean!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
$700 bucks?! Nice work. That's what I paid for my LS and mine didnt look that good. I had a crack in the manifold in the exact same place. That's very common. Nice trooper... err, I mean pooper :)

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
That is a very clean Trooper..Looks like someone took care of it its whole life :D Good color too..Very straight and dry looking..For 700 bucks what a great start! I look forward to seeing you make it better..

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the comments everybody! This is the first trooper I have owned and am excited about all the potential is has. I cant stop thinking all day long about all the mods I have planned out, my co workers are getting sick of seeing pictures of other troopers .lol My boss wont even ride in it, cause he says its too ugly. ha ha He doesn't know what he's missing.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got a few a couple of "new to me" items

Thanks to fellow member "Tatohead" Nate, I was able to pick up this awesome rear bumper.Still can't figure out where it came from though.Think I'm gonna put some shackles on it before I mount it.

Was also able to find some used tires off Craigslist.Some Dick Cepek 31x10.5x15.I was able to get 5 of them for $550 dollars , and then a small fee at the tire store to mount and balance them. I chose to take the center caps off my 15x7 rims and just primer and paint them, mainly cause im a cheap bastard and did not want to spend 200 more dollars on new rims. haha

Next up. Im gonna get started on the suspension. woo hoo

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Finally got that bumper put on that I bought from Tatohead. Had to modify the frame a little bit to get it on, but we made it fit.Still need to put one last bolt in,the last one was stripped.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually just got some cheap primer, and some Krylon flat black paint.I tried to mask off the rims, but could not find any tape that would stick. So I was careful and just sprayed around,wiping if i got some on the tire. I still got some on the tire though, but o well. This aint no luxury vehicle im making here

·
Registered
337 Posts
Looks great, nice Troop!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its still a mystery as to where this bumper came from.Whoever fabbed this bumper up did a damn fine job.Aside from grinding off some of the frame,the bolt holes lined up perfectly,and was not that hard to put on.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks for the reply,but I been searchin P.I., and thoiught I saw one on a two tone older gen one,other than the guy who pulled this fron the yard and painted it, and may I say it looks great on your Trooper II doggone it. Have a great day!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Had a fun day wheeling with my kids and my dog.The only thing you cant see in this picture, is the smoke coming out from under the vehicle. Time for a new clutch!!! haha

O well, you gotta pay to play

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
:D your trooper rocks man.i like it 8) recon

1 - 20 of 68 Posts