Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about a month ago i traded a nissan 200sx for this truck. i wanted to buy something to take to moyie springs idaho and thrash for the weekend. when i got it i had very little knowledge about troopers other than you could fit 33s with some fender trimming. i had some 35s in the shop and decided i could make them fit. i'm heading to idaho this weekend so this is my build so far.

when i got it:

how they fit the chevy wheels:

i have done a few more things to it lately that i haven't had time to photograph. i should have some more pictures tomorrow.

new wheels:

built a diff drop:

cv angle and new boots:

welded diff:

how it sits now:

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Hoo boy the motor is going to struggle a bit with 35s but if you're not in a hurry that's OK...at least a 91 has the stronger axles than <87s.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
That looks pretty sweet. Are you going to regear? Since you've got the V6 you could also swap in the 3.4L camaro engine for that extra oompf to help you turn those big tires. Nice trooper. Welcome to the group.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah the 2.8 is a little weak. I have thought about the 3.4 swap but I doubt I'll be able to find a decent one around here if I can find one at all. What I want to do is stick a 4.3 in there, I just don't know If I should use an adapter plate or the s-10 transmission and transfer case. As far as rehearing it goes I would do A sas before I bothered with that.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
thrasher said:
Yeah the 2.8 is a little weak. I have thought about the 3.4 swap but I doubt I'll be able to find a decent one around here if I can find one at all. What I want to do is stick a 4.3 in there, I just don't know If I should use an adapter plate or the s-10 transmission and transfer case. As far as rehearing it goes I would do A sas before I bothered with that.
I hear ya. Glad you got new wheels. Those hacked up center bores would have made me nervous.. especially turning 35's. So you seem to know your way around 4x4's, what made you decide on a trooper??

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
looks great man... go 3.4

cheers
-Ian

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well originally i was going to trade my nissan for a Cherokee but the guy ended up selling it, he also had a trooper so i traded for that.

so i wheeled it hard over at the moyie mud bogs and all i broke was a rear shock. the clutch and carrier bearing are going bad after all my fun too so now its time to do some work to it as money and time allows

first thing i'm going to do is a sas. i want to build a d44 hp hybrid. i'm going to use the case from a ford high pinion re-tube it, and use wagoneer axle shafts and knuckles. for now i'm going to keep the stock engine, tranny, x-case. but eventually i'm going to swap out for a 4.3 or 283, nv4500, and 205. i'm going to keep the stock rear and add just add wheel spacers. i already have the 4.3, 283, and 205 i also have a 400 i was thinking about too...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Pics of the fun in Moyie? God I was trying to get up there but it just didn't happen this year! Lets see the pics though!! LOL

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
didn't manage to get many pictures of moyie, was way too busy playing with the trooper. i'll post a couple my girlfriend managed to take.

35s rubbed a bit...

buddies yukon

later in the day

trashed

ready to head home

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
That looks like a lot of fun. Everytime I see pictures like these, I miss living out that way. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.