Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Please don't bash me to hard on this one, I am new to the forum and need some help with this question. I need new tires and if I use the factory steel wheels, what is the maximum width tire that I can install on the stock 15X6 Wheel? Is a 31x10.50xR15 out of the question?

I want to install 31x10.50xR15 or R16 Tires. If the stock steel wheel is not an option , what ISUZU Year/Make could I pull "Snow Flakes" off to install on my trooper?

I really appreciate any assistance and hope to give back to the forum when I get some experience under my belt.

Thanks
-Brian

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Typically you don't want to go much more than 4" wider than the rim, the 10.5 is just over that. I think there have been some on here that have run that size combo (justwork perhaps?).

The snowflakes are 15x6.5 & 16x7 if I'm not mistaken, so you can run that size 31" on the 15" no problem. I think something like 246/65r16 would get you close to 31" on a 16" rim.

You can find the 15" snowflakes on Amigos, pickups, and 1st gen Troopers. The 16" snowflakes came on Rodeos and Passports.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Yup. I have the snowflakes from a mid 90's Passport on my 88 Trooper. They will fit no problem.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Bob. I will go get them today! I assume these are the zero offset rims? Also, I just posted a new question on the forum about idle issues, if you have any imput, I will greatly appreciate it!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts