Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so, im used to my old 90 Trooper. lots of differences between that, and my Rodeo. I remember someone saying that the towing capacity on the trooper was 5000lbs, whats the rating on the Rodeo??

Also, i've noticed sometimes, my back window doesnt always lock when i press the release button inside. Anybody else have that problem, or that just me?

Hopefully i can find some answers and a solution for the window. My mom has the truck for a month, and hopefully i'll get it going before i move provinces. Yes, im driving the Rodeo close to 2000kms lol. On 30" tires. Not looking forward to that gas guzzlage.

Thx in advance.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
the electronic tailgate opener?

if you push it and the go close it and it doesn't latch, you arent the only one. I figured out the problem but have yet to fix it totally.

the cable for the latch doesn't return in the correct position. :roll:

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
greatttt.......Im sure I'll figure something out......

now any word on the towing capacity??

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Don't know about the towing cap. I did have the window problem. it went away when I opened the rear door panel and lubed everything in there while working the latch. I did that to all the doors and window cranks. used white lithium grease in a spray.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
you are talking about the Electronic Tailgate Opener that opens your tailgate from the drivers seat, correct? :)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Rodeo's have 2 towing capacities listed in the owners manual.

The 6 cyl towing cap is 5000 lbs.

The 4 cyl towing cap is 500 lbs.

I can't understand why there is so much difference unless its because the 4 cyl has not got as much power to get over the mountains. It could be that the BW tranny in the 4 bangers can't pull as much because of the higher gear ratios. Both trucks have the same suspension and brakes.

Your mileage should be around 16-18 mpg on the highway. I'm getting 18 with mine on 30" tires, but I drive a 4 cyl stick. The 6 cyl auto may be slightly different but not too much.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
95Rodeo4x4 said:
the electronic tailgate opener?

if you push it and the go close it and it doesn't latch, you arent the only one. I figured out the problem but have yet to fix it totally.

the cable for the latch doesn't return in the correct position. :roll:
Figured out a fix. Gotta lock it from the rear door lock.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just over a month ago i towed 7000 pounds from colorado to california and got about 15mpg out of mine. that's sitting on 31" tires. I will say my clutch was not to happy with me by the time i got here and 5th gear was out of the question 8)

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another question!!

what gear oil is needed for the front and rear diffs, and the tcase???

·
Registered
976 Posts
RandyAM said:
Another question!!

what gear oil is needed for the front and rear diffs, and the tcase???
Engine oil in the transfer case. I go ahead and use the recommended 5w-30

Service manual sez you can use either 75w-90, 80w-140 or 80w-90 in the diffs, depending on the temperature range. I like the 80w-90, seems to get me faster coasting travel in the rear wheel bearings.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.