Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only paid a little over $300 for the truck back in 2006. It was in pretty poor shape but had the 3.1, 5 speed with only 60,000 miles. The frame was rusted out and the body wasn't in the best of shape.

In 2009 I took it up to the Badlands in Attica and gave it a whirl. It did pretty good for a stock truck.

The frame was getting worse though

Rather then let it sit and rust away, I decided to let him put it to use till it gave up the muster to keep going. I took it to my Father N law's farm to be used as needed and that he does! He keeps telling me stories about how well it does up in the woods and how much wood and gravel they have loaded it down with. He and his buddies like the little truck, actually kinda revel it its toughness! I think they might be Isuzu converts by the time it's all over with. You can see the custom bumper he's added. :wink:

Makes me proud to see it being put to use.

We drove it down to the shack and checked out the conditions. On the ride there through the field, the bed was banging against the cab. :lol: I discovered that I could jump on the bumper and make the truck flex. When it's all said and done, I'll pull the good parts to use on another Isuzu.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends on what kind of chickens we're talking about......... :D don't try to throw in any of those rinky-dink Banty roosters! I'm willing to bed that the bed liner is the only floor that bed has. Main reason I say so, my father N law said they put a load a rock in there and when they got to their destination, the bad dumped itself while they were unloading it. Told me he just pushed it back down with the bobcat and decided to load it front to back from then on out. :lol:

Come to think of it though, that frame would flex both ways........ :shock:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts