Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I've trolled these sites for awhile now, so I figured its time to actually become a part of the community.

I currently have 2 troopers, a 1991 and a 1999. The 1991 my parents bought new and it was my daily driver until this year when I purchased my 99. The 91 has about 250,000 miles on it and it is still running strong, minus some rust and an exhaust leak. It has been retired to living on our farm without tags however, because I can't afford to insure 2 troopers at age 20. I am in love with my 99, but I haven't had the time to do anything to it yet.

(the rodeo behind it was owned by my parents, but it got traded for a saab)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Welcome to the board!!!!!

Schweet looking '91....keep the old gal runnin' :D

Cheers,

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I'm kinda partial to the 91. :wink:

Both rigs are nice.

Jim

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not to completely revive a dead topic, but I think I still have these photos and can re-up them tonight.

2000 Rodeo, 91 Trooper, and 99 Trooper have all been sold. Long work commute= Jetta TDI.

I'm in the market again for a 1st Gen though! I miss my troopers bad (so I'm back :) )

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
1st Gen FTW!

I rolled my 2nd Gen the first time I took it off road.

My mom has a Jetta TDI, gets 50+ on the highway. My '81 I-Mark Diesel only gets 40+ (only :p).

·
Registered
571 Posts
JedWeeks said:
Not to completely revive a dead topic, but I think I still have these photos and can re-up them tonight.

2000 Rodeo, 91 Trooper, and 99 Trooper have all been sold. Long work commute= Jetta TDI.

I'm in the market again for a 1st Gen though! I miss my troopers bad (so I'm back :) )
Lol it's been 3 years mate! Too bad you had to sell your Troopers, you should have at least kept the 91. They are getting rarer and rarer.

Red0ktober said:
Dude!!! :shock: That SUCKS!! How'd ya do it?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
BillabongTrooper said:
Lol it's been 3 years mate! Too bad you had to sell your Troopers, you should have at least kept the 91. They are getting rarer and rarer.
Depends where you live, there are still tons of them rolling around here. I have three at my house now and I'm planning on getting another one (to steal the tranny from).

Red0ktober said:
Slid sideways on the grass, it dug in and tipped over. Just me being stupid. Only cost $300, so not a big loss. Still drives fine too, drove it a few min ago.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wanted to keep the '91. Problem was I lived in the city, couldn't afford to park it, and I kept it on my parents' farm. One year I came home for a visit and they said it had been donated to the kidney foundation!

TERRIBLE :evil:

Hopefully someone out there has a rocking red 91 trooper that was still running strong at 279,000 miles.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Lame. A friend from highschool/coworker had a fiero with a built 350 in it. Got a WRX when he went off to college and left the feiro at his folks place. His dad sold the engine out of it.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
That's my definition of disfunctional!!!! That blows on both accounts guys!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.