Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can my 91 2wd Amigo 2.6L 5 speed be used behind the 97 3.2L? The clutch is the same, I know. Any help would be appreciated. :)

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
But the bellhousing ain't. You've got to have a MUA5 from a V-6

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
I have an MUA5 at my pops place in Henryville In. 47165 Its yours if you can get it... let me know

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
They don't have removable bell housings.

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
Uh me go lo said:
@ imamonstertruck
Is it 2 or 4wd?
they are all 4x4

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, anyways. Trying another route, a more "Custom" route. Thanks for the input to all. I am sure I will be back with other ?????

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Don't think the MUA-5 came in a 2wd v6 version, as far as I know all the 2wd 5-sp v6's were US-made, came with the BW t-5.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks what I was thinking. I have a T5 from a V6 Camaro, that I am going to try to use with a custom bell housing. Thanks for the info, guys. Much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
Uh me go lo said:
Thanks what I was thinking. I have a T5 from a V6 Camaro, that I am going to try to use with a custom bell housing. Thanks for the info, guys. Much appreciated.
best of luck.

cheers
-Ian

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
sassee said:
They don't have removable bell housings.
They do and they don't. The Transmission casing is the bell housing, which are interchangeable between MUA style transmissions. Swapping them requires disassembling the front nose of the transmission on the input shafts. It's an involved process and best you know what you're getting into with the new seals, etc from Jerry L.

The input shafts are going to be different also.. not sure about between the 2.6 and the 3.2.

Also, I understand that some of the gearing is different - definitely 5th gear.

Long story short.. you might want to go look for a 3.2l trans :lol:

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
ive changed many MSG housings, MUAs are the same.

do to the diesel housings being hard to find,
ill get a good trans from a gasser pop its bell/front case slap the diesel one on and its good.
all MUAs that are mounted to a I-4s are the same gearing.
in the GM 2.8L V-6 2nd gear is a touch different "like a whopping tenth of a turn" if that much, as well as the input shaft length is different and of course the bell pattern....

as to the more modern 3.2L V-6 and what gearing the MUAs have with that engine i have not a clue sence me not have one.....

this trans gearing info for all engines is something that should be added to the site wiki

1 - 13 of 13 Posts