Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just made a quick trip to the pick n pull and found this 1990 pickup. Dark metallic green, 4x4, spacecab, 5 spd manual. Looks like it has some usable parts if anyone is interested. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
I'd love to find a cap like that for my Spacecab. Not exactly close though. :(

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
electricpuppyboy said:
Do you recall if the center console lid is in good shape?

How much for that?
I will find out today and report back :lol: I can get better pics too. I was just lusting over someone's thread about their black 4x4 spacecab on sunday and veritably swooned when I walked smack into this beauty on a clandestine jaunt to the boneyard. Only one i've seen in months of junkyard crawling. hate to see it all go to waste

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Can you take some pics of that truck cap inside and out. Maybe contact info for the yard. Caps for spacecabs are rare as hens teeth. Finding one that fits right would be awesome. I liked the raised top on that one.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
If that pickup bed/tailgate is straight and rust free, I may be interested if I can figure out how to transport it to Atlanta.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
reran said:
If that pickup bed/tailgate is straight and rust free, I may be interested if I can figure out how to transport it to Atlanta.
I smell a road trip.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
will do on all accounts! didn't have a chance to get there today, crazy busy day fixing other peoples' screw ups. The contact info for the lot is as follows-Pick N Pull Salt Lake City 801-264-0359 585 West 3300 South, SLC Utah 84115. Pick N Pull is a national chain and they have a website that lets you actually check inventory at a particular yard and pricing. Their online price list shows 79.99 for a "small" camper shell, which I imagine it is, since it's a short bed import pickup. I'd hate to see such a rare shell in such good shape go to waste! I'll get some detailed photos for you tomorrow. :wink: I'll also see if they will sell the tailgate separately.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Pretty sure Reran is looking for a complete bed.

·
Registered
150 Posts
actually i thought i didnt need anything but i do, and its super super simple to boot, could you check to see if the rear window latches are still in good order? if they are i wouldn't mind having them and they are pretty easy to remove

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
roger that. will recon and report

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay so I've got good news and bad news.
1. tailgate is long gone
2. flipper windows are gone along with their hinges
3. they want 97.00 for the shell which is in great shape complete with slider window screens, but the clear coat is pealing in top and sides
4. the console lid is in good shape
I went in with my camera to take better shots and it was confiscated!!! I let them know how I felt about that, and proceeded to take pics with my cell camera :twisted: I'll try to load the photos here using my laptop tethered to my phone,but if it doesn't work I'll load them tonight.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
I hope you got you camera back on the way out! Thanks for the pics. I just spoke to the yard a little while ago. They hooked me up with a parts puller that contracts there. I spoke with him about pulling and shipping the cap. It's doable if I can get a good price on the shipping. Just did a couple of basic web searches on it. Still trying to find a price that makes it worth doing. That cap would work well for my needs. Not worried about the paint as the truck needs paint as well. Thanks again!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I never understood the ban on cameras either....I always take one with me and unless they have a cop standing there with a search warrant someone's getting a tire iron across the face if they ever try taking mine away.

You don't give up your rights just because you walk into a junkyard (even if you sign the paper it still doesn't protect them against negligence).

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
squatch said:
Pretty sure Reran is looking for a complete bed.
Yep, looking for a complete bed. Let me know if bed is straight and rust free. Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
It is great you are helping others out. The photos show all the parts I want are already gone. And I am only 4 hours away!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.