Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I hope that someone can help. I have an '89 tropper that began a series of fluctiating idle speeds (revving up and down)..shortly after this the trooper started to run hot. Now it seems as thought the two problems are related. Any Ideas?

It's the smaller engine, the 4 cylinder.

Thanks,
AndLeg

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
also check your thermostat, and more than likely it's time for you to flush your radiator as the isuzu cooling system is one of it's weakest parts, don't let your eng heat up too much as you may warp the head and that's not a good thing

·
Registered
48 Posts
my trooper is a '90. When those two things happened...............it was the head - cracked, etc., etc.............got a totally rebuilt engine.....at 8,000 miles the head gasket cracked. Engine was OK; fluid leaking into engine cuz of the cracked headgasket.

The uuzoo runs great now...but for how long? The shop foreman did say that the head gasket parts in this new install looked much better that the first [rebuilt] install.

Is this going to happen again shortly??????

Back to subject - Check out your Trooper VERY soon. :roll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.