Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

The time has come to part with my Trooper. I've owned it 8 years or so and it's been sitting the last few due to an electrical issue I'll describe in detail. The truck has seen a lot of off road miles and would take a lot to be pretty but could easily be an off road toy again or a parts truck with some nice goodies.

Quick specs:
'89 Trooper 2.6l 5 speed
low miles on clutch and head gasket. Head is aftermarket
225k on the clock
AZ title, located in Alvin TX (45 mins south of Houston)
Real deal ARB bullbar looks awesome
Warn M8000 winch
Lowrance Baja 480C GPS
Rancho RS9000 shocks
Aisin hubs
plenty of dents, very little rust
factory service manuals
back filled with misc parts (pass seat, door hinges, grille, nice headlights, door cards, new starter, new ps pump, ect)
Diffs are open and tcase gears are stock (sorry)

Long winded details:
I bought this truck back in Phoenix from a guy who had owned and loved it a long time. He told me the bumper was one of 10 that came up from Oz on an internet group buy. I've not seen another 1st gen bull bar stateside. It had seen plenty of offroad use and I bought it for a desert truck. I had a Toyota rockcrawler and wanted something to use for camping and just putting around and exploring. The trooper did that well as well as occasional daily driving. When 2008 hit I lost everything and fled to Texas to start fresh. I brought the trooper as it was so reliable. It served as a daily driver just fine. My son and I were driving to Phoenix and plannned to detour to Moab to stretch the troopers legs and see the sights. We made it to Amarillo without trouble when suddenly the lights all went out and the truck made no power. I backed off the throttle and lights came back and truck started running again. So long as I didn't hit full throttle it was ok. Did some roadside analysis found nothing obvious and sadly elected to bypass Moab and press on to Phoenix. Still couldn't find the issue and drive the truck home to TX. Ordered up the FSMs and traced the probelm to a wire loom that ran through the intake runners had worn through and was causing a short. In order to get the harness free I had to pull the intake which included cutting the stubborn egr pipe. I fixed the harness and wanted to replace all the rubber under the hood when I put it together. Life happened and the trooper sat with the intake off.

After it took up the garage for several months I announced I needed to sell the Trooper. My son started crying at the thought of parting with the truck he grew up with. I said if wanted it for a first car we'd keep it and fix it up when he was older. He liked the plan and I have plenty of room so the faithful Trooper took up her post under a tree to wait for her return to glory. In that time I stole the tires for my wifes truck and the stereo for mine. The bracets and covers for the stereo are in the truck as well as the gauge surround and likely anything else you see missing. The tires are bald but hold air. Well my son has outgrown the Trooper idea and I need another project like a hole in the head. So she's ready for a new home. I'm asking $1500 and that price is based largely on the rarity and awesomeness of the front bumper. Be the only kid on your block and likely your state with one. I'm pretty firm on the price but I'm open to trades or if you're short on cash swipe the plastic for a Hobart Tig I'm eyeing that costs just under $1500 and we'll call it a deal. It can live under it's tree for a while until the new owner can retrieve it. I'll add pics when i get home from work, I'm posting this on my phone and I can't shrink photos. Email me any questions Tra[email protected] put Trooper in the subject as that account gets loads of spam. Giving the zoo first dibs, it'll hit other sites and eventually ebay soon. Thanks

Travis

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the detective work Hatfield. That's her. I have a bunch of pictures on my phone that I took after we cleaned it up and kicked out the spiders and wasps last weekend. Unfortunately I cannot post pics from my phone and my computer has some browser hijack nonsense dug in like a tick. I tried before I went to work and it wasn't happening. I'll use my wife's laptop in the morning. In the meantime time email for pics and I can send from my phone.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interior shot. Carpet is trashed, dash is good, door panels are good, seats are torn on the sides. The seat mounted in passenger side is old and crappy, there's one in the rear that the interior I pulled from the junkyard. All the missing dash pieces are in the back. Interior door handle on drivers door is broken but opens door

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
last one, ask if you want anything emailed. The d ring mount the winch cable is hooked to is bent, other wise bumper is tip top. Winch cable has seen better days. Grille has crack, the one is the back is nice other than some spray paint from the junkyard. Headlights in back are nearly perfect.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I went through my old posts and it jogged my memory on something. The truck was taken off the road by a separate issue related to the tps issue. The same harness shorted out the ignitor and that's what finally made it quit running. I had at one point bought 3 ignitors from the junkyard but they vanished. That's how the truck ended up sitting. I'm not sure if the ones I bought ever turned up. I'll snag one if I see one at the junkyard. There's also a tube rear bumper that you can't see. the pics too big to upload. It's rusty and nothing special but it's there.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Danggggg!!!..... drooling over that bumper and winch!!!!!

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I PM'd him when he first put it u and he stated he wasn't part I g it out as of right now. Probably why you haven't received a response.

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
Lorenzo, I cant :cry: Though that bumper would look sick on the RS.

cheers
-Ian :blackeye:

·
Registered
501 Posts
The cable on the winch is most likely not in good shape , and it is only a 8K.

Someone in the area with skills should pick this rig up - just to use the original ARB bumper for a template, and make up a few.
There would be would be interest I'm guessing.
:idea:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.