Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an 89 trooper I just bought that has a problem starting. It starts when I'm holding the key down but it wont stay running after I let go.
Could this be the fuel pump? or....? I think it's a 4cyl I bought it off my cousin CHEAP up in Idaho and I've yet to go get it lol..
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
I keep hearing about that alternator being responsible for the fuel pump not running. It's powered off of the alt when the vehicle is running. I would start there and get it checked.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
tesseract620 said:
I've got an 89 trooper I just bought that has a problem starting. It starts when I'm holding the key down but it wont stay running after I let go.
Could this be the fuel pump? or....? I think it's a 4cyl I bought it off my cousin CHEAP up in Idaho and I've yet to go get it lol..
Thanks in advance
If it is the 2.6 engine, then the first thing you'll want to do is the fuel pump relay bypass jumper.

If the vehicle keeps running after you do that, then it's the alternator.

viewtopic.php?t=13176

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Where's the pics of your new / used truck ?!? 8)

...oh, and Welcome FNG tesseract! :thumbup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MarkB.NV said:
Where's the pics of your new / used truck ?!? 8)

...oh, and Welcome FNG tesseract! :thumbup:
I might be goin up there next week to get it, we'll see! Lol someone already offered my cousin more money than what I agreed to pay him though..I might be ousted! We'll see, he's not so smart..LOL! I posted this post up before it was TECHNICALLY mine...just verbally agreed upon...
Thanks for the welcome though! this is a cool forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts