Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ive got an 89 trooper with a 2.6 auto. I recently purchased a limited slip diff from someone parting out a 1990 trooper with a V6, it was only 50 bucks so i just bought it.
Here is my question....will this fit into my trooper without any mods?? I have no idea if the axles are even geared the same.
I know lots about engines and transmissions but dont know a thing about diffs and axle setups, can anyone

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
minimog said:
Hi ive got an 89 trooper with a 2.6 auto. I recently purchased a limited slip diff from someone parting out a 1990 trooper with a V6, it was only 50 bucks so i just bought it.
Here is my question....will this fit into my trooper without any mods?? I have no idea if the axles are even geared the same.
I know lots about engines and transmissions but dont know a thing about diffs and axle setups, can anyone
THEY SHOULD BE IDENTICLE,
BOTH SHOULD HAVE 4.55 GEARS UNLESS THE V6 CAME WITH THE BIG TIRE PACKAGE AND HAS THE RARE 4.77 , IT IS ABOUT A 2 HR JOB TO SWAP THEM OVER

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks alot, thats exactly what i wanted to know.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
If he left it in the housing, which it sounded like he did when I talked to the guy on the phone. If that is the case just un bolt your axles and pop them out a foot or so. Remove the drive shaft from the yolk. Un bolt your housing. Clean the gasket surface and reinstall the new housing with a new gasket or RTV. Reinstall everything and you are off and running.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Oh nice! I thought it was just for the LSD carrier, like on 2nd gen Rodeos. Thats awesome if everythings good to go. Good price too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.