Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NO SWITCH, Cruise worked but spring inside switch was bad. Pulling the "actuator" under the hood WITH CABLE and gas pedal with cruise lever attached (different from non cruise troopers). Clip on cable that goes through firewall, one tab was broke but didnt effect operation.
$20 + actual shipping

this is for the gas pedal,module (behind dash with harness) and vacuum canister/actuator with cable

thanks
Ron

Parting this truck, engine bay stuff still available. keeping long block, trans and a/c compressor. must be left rolling. auto hubs available if you want spares for the trail.
WHOLE interior sold, shell sold. wiring harness NOT CUT.

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
2,791 Posts
Ron,

Jerry said the "rebuild kit" for the switch is about $25 and is not hard to do. Personally, I think the factory switch is a nice detail (in other words, worth repairing) if I were adding cruise. I have two of them with bad springs. If I ever put the aftermarket cruise back on my P'up, I'll figure out how to splice in the factory switch.

Jack

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sorry to ask a dumb question, but I've never seen a trooper with cruise. I'm assuming the switch you're mentioning not being include is the replacement stalk attached to the steering column?

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
2,791 Posts
Bob w/ a trooper said:
Sorry to ask a dumb question, but I've never seen a trooper with cruise. I'm assuming the switch you're mentioning not being include is the replacement stalk attached to the steering column?
Bob,

The factory cruise switch isn't a replacement for anything, it's a second stalk on the right side of the column.

Jack

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah the switch was broken and the spring wasnt keeping tension on the knob. you had to hold it to work. switch is not included as its no longer of this world ;)

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JoeIsuzu said:
Bob w/ a trooper said:
Bob,

The factory cruise switch isn't a replacement for anything, it's a second stalk on the right side of the column.

Jack
correct it just attaches to the other side of the turn signal stalk base. the switch was busted up but i tested the cruise with the truck on jack stands at 45 mph :twisted: and it all functioned when i held the switch knob (it didnt stay in the ON position, unless held). so the vacuum actuator, module and pedal all functioned as needed. i DONT know what else is needed or if it works in any trooper....just if you have cruise and it doesnt work, heres most of the replacement parts that COULD be wrong....CHEAP :)

Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts