Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me if the axle from my 89 RS (Thanks Colin (Shabba) will bolt into my 89 Spacecab. im concerned about the leaf perch plate spacing and the overall width...i know the 10 bolt rears on the 81-87 Pups were narrower then the 88-95 pickups and since the 84-91 Troopers at one time shared driveline parts, did they widen the track in Late 87 when they switched to the 12 bolt rear axle???

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
They widened the Trooper track in '87 no matter which rear it had.
They should both be 58" wms to wms. I compared the spring perch spacing on an '87 Trooper with a '92 pickup, the pickup perchs are about 3/4" closer together, maybe 1". It looks like the axles would still bolt up and function without moving anything.

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, i have a 91 pickup rear here i could have just measured the leaf spring perches but its the WMS to WMS i was concerned more so about....want to just throw the RS 4.77 rear axle under my spacecab and be done, but it doesnt look to be that easy :) . might pull the rear axle out of the RS, rebuild the 4.56 pickup axle housing (bearings and brakes) and slide in the 3rd member before pulling the one out of the spacecab, then bolt in the 4.77 rear and change the front later on.... yes its confusing keeping up with all my trucks here but i have a plan....not a good plan, but a plan none the less :twisted:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts