Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,852 Posts
While that cluster looks like it MIGHT be right (and I HOPE it is), a Rodeo cluster should not be correct. Rodeos (1991-1994) did not come with a tachometer on the 4 cylinder models (to my knowledge). A v-6 cluster tach will not read correctly. Dennis

·
Registered
9,852 Posts
Okay, we now need to go down a rabbit trail on this thread. What kind of bike is that in the back? Looks like maybe a regular cycle with a "mower type" engine fitted to it? Gotta know. Dennis

·
Registered
9,852 Posts
Doesn't necessarily mean that YOUR balancer has slipped. You should get #1 cylinder to TDC. You can remove the plug and use a pencil (long one) and rotate crank until it is sticking up as far as possible. Rock crank back and forth a few degrees to verify TDC (or close to it) and see if mark lines up with "0" or if it's a country mile off. Might save you a few bucks. Dennis

·
Registered
9,852 Posts
When you do the timing belt you will have to remove the balancer anyway. As I have suggested for many, if it's accurate, as long as it's off, paint a stripe that goes from the inner part to the outer part (like along the timing groove). This way, if it ever slips, you will know immediately because the lines will no longer be aligned. Dennis

·
Registered
9,852 Posts
I should have mentioned this earlier too. Nor have I. On the 94 Trooper I had (3.2), the balancer got so bad that if you turned on the headlights and A/C, the outer part of the balancer would slow down to where it wouldn't charge (pulley was in the outer part of the balancer). It didn't squeal. (my cure was to remove the balancer, drill and tap 4 holes from outside to center and use Allen bolts to secure it to the center - money was tight. It never vibrated or slipped after that).
For Szac, the squeal COULD possibly be the timing belt idler pulley. I would suggest before running it too much, remove the regular belts and try running it for a few seconds to see if the squeal remains (this might be a problem with the alternator not turning) Dennis

·
Registered
9,852 Posts
To clarify: It USED to start and idle and run okay. Now it idles rough when cold and stalls, but runs okay when warmed up?
I suggest first to double check that you hooked all vacuum hoses back up correctly, some of them can easily be crossed or hooked up wrong. Make sure none of them are pinched.

·
Registered
9,852 Posts
Are you basically sanding the clear coat away? Dennis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts