Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have intermittent starting problems that seem to be fuel related. When it starts it runs fine, and at times it will start with no problem.. However, most of the time when I shut the engine off for a small amount of time it will take a ~very~ long time to start. Just simply turning over until eventually it will start and run fine. It is quickly getting worse, and I have checked most everything out... I'm running on my second fuel pump as well..

·
Registered
168 Posts
Have the alternator check by a dealer, not an auto parts place. Have the fuel pump switch relay check in the alternator. There is a switch in the alternator that controls a relay that switches the power that goes to the fuel pump from the battery for start up to alternator power for running. Or just replace the alternator. The alt will be working fine, pumping out 14+ volts. Mine rig did the same. replaced pumps. Finially found a link that indicated the Altnernator. That was the fix.
Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.