Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a look at my timming belt yesterday, it kinda looked like Phyliss Dillers face, I have never seen a belt look so bad. Anyhow I was attempting to replace it myself and got to the step...Remove Crankshaft pully, I could not get the bolt loose for anything, had it in 1st gear wheels chocked someone standing on brakes, it would not budge.

My question is: If I am standing at the front looking at the nut which way do I turn it to loosen it? Usually lefty loosey righty tighty, still the same with the crankshaft pulley nut???

@nd question, if I remove my cat will my check engine light come on?Any benifit from removing cat?

Thanks,

Mike H.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
hennigm4 said:
Took a look at my timming belt yesterday, it kinda looked like Phyliss Dillers face, I have never seen a belt look so bad. Anyhow I was attempting to replace it myself and got to the step...Remove Crankshaft pully, I could not get the bolt loose for anything, had it in 1st gear wheels chocked someone standing on brakes, it would not budge.

My question is: If I am standing at the front looking at the nut which way do I turn it to loosen it? Usually lefty loosey righty tighty, still the same with the crankshaft pulley nut???

@nd question, if I remove my cat will my check engine light come on?Any benifit from removing cat?

Thanks,

Mike H.
You're turning it the right way.

They're just tough to break loose.

Take a breaker bar and brace it against the frame. Bump the starter & that'll break it loose.

I dont think the light will come on, but you wont notice any performance gains.

Jim

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great idea with the starter, Ill try it in a couple of days when I have time. About the cat will the smell go away if I remove it, it has that typical cat smell...Not much performance out of a 2.6 straight four, reminds me of my subaru brat, hell my bike has 120 hp and 125 ft pd of tourqe and only weighs 800 pounds....I should put some snow tires on it....

Thanks for the starter trick. Next question, should I consider replacing the front main bearing seal? How tough is that to do? Any special tools needed? I have some seepage around it but not a steady leak.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.