Isuzu SUV Forum banner

86 trooper heater core

972 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  JoeIsuzu 
#1 ·
are heater cores for theese available? or anyone ever replace core with an alternative core out of something else?

#2 ·
JLEMOND has new ones. They're pricey, but Jerry makes less than the dealer on them.

If you can't do the new one, then a core from any Trooper up through '91 will work. Some have modified a Ford truck core, but it does not exactly fit the heater box--and it requires an inline heater valve.

Jack

#5 ·
jmonaldi said:
JoeIsuzu said:
JLEMOND has new ones. They're pricey, but Jerry makes less than the dealer on them.

If you can't do the new one, then a core from any Trooper up through '91 will work. Some have modified a Ford truck core, but it does not exactly fit the heater box--and it requires an inline heater valve.

Jack
New guy here. I have a 88 Trooper I desperately need a heater core for. I'm not picky. The dash is out. Do you know what kind of ford equivalent or a source for a used/new Trooper heater would be? I already have an inline heater valve installed. Thanks.
Welcome, new guy. For the sake of any other readers, the quote above was from a PM. I didn't see any reason the question or the reply should be private, so I'm routing the discussion back to the forum rather than responding via PM.
jmonaldi said:
Do you know what kind of ford equivalent or a source for a used/new Trooper heater would be?
You quoted my post where I gave the source (JLEMOND) . Then ******* said the same thing (although misspelled).

Sorry, I don't know which Ford truck core it is, other than it was an older F100 truck.

I've mentioned this in another post somewhere, but there's a 1991 Trooper that recently came to a local salvage yard. I'd be willing to go pull the heater core (assuming no sign of leakage) and sell it for $50 plus shipping.

Jack

#6 ·
Jim decided to go for a new core, but I pulled the '91 Trooper core anyway. There was no sign of leakage on the heater box, the carpet, the core, or the valve. This one looks as good (cosmetically) as any I've pulled. If anybody wants it, lemme know. $50 plus shipping.

If nobody needs it now, I needed a spare anyay. ;)

Jack

#7 ·
JoeIsuzu said:
Jim decided to go for a new core, but I pulled the '91 Trooper core anyway. There was no sign of leakage on the heater box, the carpet, the core, or the valve. This one looks as good (cosmetically) as any I've pulled. If anybody wants it, lemme know. $50 plus shipping.

If nobody needs it now, I needed a spare anyay. ;)

Jack
This core has been spoken for, so it's no longer available.

Jack

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.