Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a couple of 86 Troopers, one with factory rear speakers and one without. Of course the one without is the driver and the other rig is parts only. I'd like to put some new speakers in the factory rear locations on the driver though and I'm wondering if the wiring will be hiding up there for me to find. Here is what I know:

Speakers went above the door in 86, not in the rear doors like some later years.
Mounts for the speakers are there under the headliner, I can feel them.
Wiring at the radio harness in the dash is there for rear speakers.

So, my question is will the other end of the wiring be taped up out of the way if/when I cut the headliner and put speakers in the back? If it is back there, can it be reached from the holes I'd be cutting for the speakers, through the dome light hole, or will I be figuring out how to get the headliner loose to find it? If I have to pull the headliner loose, does anyone have any tips so that I won't damage it and it will go back up looking clean and nice like it does now?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just thought I would update this since I answered my own question. The wires are just sitting up under the headliner right behind the speaker holes. I just cut out the headliner over the mounting holes and plugged speakers right in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.