Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI guys. Long time lurker and I even registered a little while back. Basically I want a 4wd that isint ghey, gets good gas mileage, can haul my family in case the wife's vehicle break's down (expedition), cheap, and if anything breaks I want to be able to fix it. So I have narrowed it down to a 4 door troop with the 2.3. Been searching for the past 3 months with a craigslist app that alerts me to any trooper for sale within a 500 mile radius of me. Well there have been 3 lemon's of one sort or the other so yeah, they are rare here. Well I was looking for one with no dents or rust (running or not) and didnt care too much about interior. Ran across this one today and the guy is pretty firm on the price but I dont want to spend more than 1,500 at the max. Is this one worth it?

-clear title
-straight
-no rust
-new coat of paint
-new rebuild
-interior not bad but shows age
-he is pretty firm on 2k and am not sure if I can get him down to 1500.

Thanks for your input. I know you guys are more at home with this rig, but I hope to be proficient soon :)

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Okay so supposedly it runs good, no rust and looks decent? $2k is pretty fair if you ask me. There are others that would say no way but in my area and from what I've seen watching CL, they are going up in price. People selling them are starting realize, "Hey, I really never see these anymore. Maybe they are kind of rare." :scratch:

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Great. Good price and hopefully good trooper. Welcome to the forum. What area do you reside in?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
shooter said:
Great. Good price and hopefully good trooper. Welcome to the forum. What area do you reside in?
Redmond Oreygun. It was cleaner than I thought it would be. Will get complete pics up this weekend. Everything is just clean, straight, tight, no rust inside and out. Picked it up and drove it 150 miles home with absolutely no issues (once battery was replaced). It cant get out of its own way but I was expecting that :D

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
That's a nice looking Trooper. Had to look up Redmond, boy, you look pretty far from everything. I bet it's beautiful there.

My old Trooper is down in Medford BTW.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts