Isuzu SUV Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
installed my weber finally, it fixed my misfire and woke the truck up so it doesnt feel like such a slog to drive.
I have a receipt for the OEM carb being tuned from a few years back, but I think it was tuned for high elevation which caused it to just dump fuel down here in texas.
it chugged and got about 10mpg. Hopefully this improves the gas mileage some.
Still needs some buttoning up but I'm extremely happy with the unit.
Install was pretty straight forward other than those infamous two nuts under the carb. those were fun. They were defeated by a 3 inch long wrench that we wiggled in there.

Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Gas Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1989 Trooper R/S
4,190 Posts
I'm in Flower Mound. I've been to most of our local pick and pulls, but I must have missed that one

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
it's still there, I went back out yesterday and got the back door hinges and a few misc dash pieces. not much left other than drive train and seats at this point. Someone else took the rad. dome lights, drivers door+hinges and the power steering pump.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Higher elevation would mean thinner air and SMALLER. sized jets. This would make it run leaner at lower altitudes. I had flooding problems with my OEM 1987 carb and went to a Weber. MUCH better performance from the Weber. I also made special 12MM wrench for those inside carb nuts. I bent each end to about 45 degrees. Dennis

Reactions: trendie

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Higher elevation would mean thinner air and SMALLER. sized jets. This would make it run leaner at lower altitudes. I had flooding problems with my OEM 1987 carb and went to a Weber. MUCH better performance from the Weber. I also made special 12MM wrench for those inside carb nuts. I bent each end to about 45 degrees. Dennis
I originally was gonna bend a wrench but my coworker had a tiny wrench that was able to get in there and get that puppy off.
It’s a definite improvement for sure. Mine had a misfire, would idle all over the place, and stumbled on accelerating. Weber fixed them all

·
Registered
1989 Trooper R/S
4,190 Posts
I did a weber conversion on my 89 about 4 to 5 years ago and haven't had any issues ever. The only thing, and it's not a real issue, is if I don't use the trooper for over a week I have to crank it more than if I start it daily before it responds.

Reactions: trendie
21 - 26 of 26 Posts