·
Registered
9,867 Posts
That's a great looking Trooper. X2 on what Tentin said. Dennis

Reactions: trendie

·
Registered
9,867 Posts
That's my kind of scrounging. If available, the distributor, intake, and possibly carb would have been good "resale items". Dennis

·
Registered
9,867 Posts
Also forgot. EGR tubes from ITEC engines. A HOT commodity, and people are always looking for them. Dennis

·
Registered
9,867 Posts
EGR tube (on ITEC) runs from exhaust manifold (right under flange) to intake manifold (at rear / EGR valve). IIRC, it takes a 7/8 open end wrench.
The carbed engines have a completely different system.
Other "resale" items: The blue Thermal Vacuum Valve on the side of the lower intake. It has two vacuum nipples and they tend to break off. Hard to get part. Black plastic Vacuum Switching valve top of intake near thermostat housing. again, these get brittle with age and are hard to get. Dennis

·
Registered
9,867 Posts
Higher elevation would mean thinner air and SMALLER. sized jets. This would make it run leaner at lower altitudes. I had flooding problems with my OEM 1987 carb and went to a Weber. MUCH better performance from the Weber. I also made special 12MM wrench for those inside carb nuts. I bent each end to about 45 degrees. Dennis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts