Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, just want to know where the egr and pcv valve located, cant seem to find it......cant see anything connected to the exhaust manifold :?

·
Registered
101 Posts

i got a 3.5L but from these pictures i found of a 96 with a 3.2L it should be on top of your engine toward the back of the engine bay leaning toward the driver side. see on the top right corner of the first picture? right next to where the air filter assembly is connect to the intake manifold that round shiny knob looking thing being hold down by 2 bolts with connectors on top of it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
.......it may sound weird, but i think the 6vd1 engine here in philippines doesnt have that shiny thing... i'll try to post some pics of my engine bay for comparison :(

sorry for the large image :(

·
Registered
101 Posts
oh i didnt know ur in the phillipines! engines there are definitely gonna be differences probably do to the likes of EPA and DOT regulations

hmm in general most egr valve tend to look alike, the two bolts hold down attach to a knobby thing with wire coming out of it lol should be near your intake manifold... how expensive are the isuzu parts there incomparison to other makes? over here from what i seen the isuzu parts are more expensive than benz parts! :evil:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
parts here are more expensive compared to other japanese suv, and 1 of my problems is the v6 version of the trooper here only came out for 2 years (97-98), so parts are scarce, most engines are the 4jg2 TD and 4jx1t (both diesel)....anyway, i'll try to trace the egr coz my mileage is terrible, around 9.5-10 mpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.