Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to take my car to the local indy shop for the 60k mile service on my 01 Trooper. I plan on putting Mobil1 in the front/rear transaxles and will have them put in the Denso plugs. Sound good? Any specific recommendations or things I need to ask them to check? I appreciate any feedback that will make sure I take good care of the trooper.

Thanks!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Pretty much covered in the FAQ under the 30kmi schedule. http://isuzufaq.ibctech.ca/

Key ones probably are the TOD and AT fluid changes, repack front wheel bearings, replace anti-freeze, and lube the driveshaft. I personally would add flushing the brake fluid, especially if you plan to keep it a long time.

Probably don't need to change the plugs. Could likely take the old ones out, add anti-seize, and put them back to prevent seizing in place. Then again if you are paying for the labor you might as well pay for some new plugs. Be sure to keep at least a couple of the old ones for emergency spares. Looking at the old plugs may tell you alot about your engine condition as well as let you truly know they changed out the old ones.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just a thought about the old plugs, to add to the last post. If you can get your hands on a Haynes manual, on the inside back cover there are several pictures of old plugs from engines with problems, and it gives you an idea of what might be going on with the engine and what to do about it. When I first got my used Rodeo, I replaced the plugs, and was able to determine that the timing was off and the plugs were firing just ahead of the cycle from the pictures...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts